Friday, April 22, 2011

The Battle of Rice Krispy Treats and Sugar Cookies

It has been the longest week of my life!!!I felt like I've been a war.  I made my kids some rice krispy treats and sugar cookies for snacks this week.  WHY ON EARTH DID I DO THAT?!?It has taken everything in me not to just gobble everything up in one sitting.  I want to cry every time I see one of my kids eating a snack.  Isn't that just pathetic??:/ I'm not proud of this but I actually start chompin' on a sugar cookie, but I immediately spit it out.  Does that say I'm strong or weak? Perhaps.  I know I'm going to fall off the wagon here and there.  No one is perfect.    Temptation is some unbelievably powerful stuff.  I have a humongous sweet tooth when I'm breastfeeding.  My baby is only 4 1/2 months, so I need to get a grip and fast.  Before I got back on the road to my journey to fabulous, I would consume a ridiculous amount of sweets as if it were going out of style.  It was embarrassing.  I would do it before hubby got home.  I didn't want him to know that I could out eat him most days.  Just thinking about it is a bit embarrassing, but it is what it is.  I'm not going to be putting on an act like I'm flawless and incapable of falling off track.  Shit happens.  I'm okay with admitting that.  One day at a time is most definitely the key.

No comments: