Sunday, February 7, 2010

Detoxification

I've been thinking about doing something about my bowel movement issues which I have mentioned in a previous post last week.  Its really getting to the point where it is affecting my performance during workouts.  I have no reason to feel sluggish before AND after a workout.  That just doesn't add up to me.  I've also notice that my skin is breaking out even though I drink more than enough water and cleanse my face and skin daily with Oil of Olay.  If you go back to some of my post in the last couple of months, my hormones/mood has not been at its greatest, thus affecting my weight loss. 
So with all that being said, I've done tons of research on what I may need to do in order to regulate things.  I've decided to use Nature Secret's Ultimate Fasting Cleanse Kit.  I know I need to do this in order to be at my best in every aspect of my life.   Here's a brief synopsis of what the cleanse will provide:

"The digestive system feeds the brain, liver, heart, and every other organ, gland and tissue in the body-right down to the cellular level. When compromised, your digestive system can no longer keep nutrition intake and waste elimination running smoothly, thereby affecting your physical vitality and stamina as well as the ability to fight illness, delay aging, improve moods and enhance well-being."

Rebuild the foundation of your health with a 5-day Ultimate Fasting Cleanse that will:
  • Reduce the body's toxins

  • Support immune function

  • Promote cell health and elimination

  • Increase tissue oxygenation

  • Enhance mental alertness

  • I feel that this will be a true test to my will power.  I'm really hoping to be able to complete this program and get the results that I need.  This is NOT something that should be done weekly or even monthly.  This is something that I'm doing to regulate my digestive system.  If you don't have any problems in that area, then you shouldn't need to go this route.   I've read that we can hold anywhere from 5 to 15lbs. of waste in our colons.  I can only imagine what's sitting in my colon since we're suppose to have at least one bowel movement per day.  I've had this problem for quite sometime even with changing my diet and before having kids.  I'm so sick of having to resort to laxatives.  That's just not normal in my opinion. 

    I started the 2nd week of the C25K program on Friday.  I must say that I had a difficult time with it.  I'm not certain if it was because I increased the incline to 6% or what but I felt like my lungs were going to collapse.  Today will be day two of for this week and I must admit that I'm not too excited about doing my workout. 

    Friday's Stats:
    C25K W2W1
    6% incline, 5mph(run), 3.5(walk), 377 calories burned, 4536 steps, 2.16 miles, 33 min.
    30 jumping jacks, 30 chest curls-5lb. weights, 20 pushups
    1188 calories consumed-80 oz. H20

    Saturday's Stats:
    Wii Fit Plus: 1hr. 5 min.
    1384 calories consumed-100 oz. H20

    I hope everyone is enjoying the rest of their weekend:) GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!
    Dee~




    No comments: