Thursday, January 7, 2010

Couch to 5K


Well I'm not a runner. I mean I can't stand running. But here I am, after my mommy friends have stalked my Facebook page telling me that I'm doing a 5K in April. I think i have officially gone insane. I can't believe I'm doing this. I never in my wildest dreams would have even considered doing something like this. I avoid running if at all possible. This is the one form of exercise that I dodge like a bullet. Well the 5K is scheduled for Saturday, April 24. So that gives me a little over 3 months to train. This is going to be one interesting part of my journey. I'm interested to see if I can actually pull off the training AND the 5K. But I've been told repeatedly that I can do this and that I have it in me to make it through, so here goes nothing folks. I've found a hip hop podcast for the program to keep me motivated. I will be blogging after each training session. Wish me luck!!

Dee~

1 comment:

skinnybiatch said...

Hey Dee,

I don't run unless someone is chasing me and I just started this too! Today was really hard LOL. The only great advice I've got so far is: If you plan on running outside you need to train outside OR at least put the treadmill on an incline. GOOD LUCK!!!