Friday, January 30, 2009

Where to Begin.................

The last few weeks have been a true test, physically and emotionally. It seemed as if someone was determined to keep bringing bad things into my life. I have apparently been suffering from depression, to be more specific, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or more commonly known as the "winter blues." Minnesota winters keep you indoors ALL THE TIME. I was born and raised in Louisiana, so this has been like a culture shock to me. I was told that the best way to beat this thing is to get on an exercise plan and to get more rest.

I was tortured with the idea of weaning my daughter from breastfeeding so that I could get on a serious workout/diet plan without affecting her. Well, things have a funny way of happening I suppose, because my milk supply has pretty much vanished. Am I sad about that? You bet, what loving mother wouldn't be? Am I going to beat myself up about it? Nope! She is doing great on formula now. She is a very content and happy baby girl(whom I love to pieces).

With all of that being said, I seriously need to quit putting my health on the back burner. I'm going to be 30 in a few months and I don't want to hit 60-70 years old having to take numerous amounts of medication all because of my excuses right now. So Monday morning I'm going to start kicking fat's ass out of my life for good!!

No comments: