Monday, December 1, 2008

Breastfeeding :)

I know your wondering "what the heck does that have to do with losing weight??"

I had to test something out the last two weeks. I ate practically whatever I wanted without counting calories or carbs. On 11/24 I weighed 175.5 and today I weigh 174.8. It seems that since I started breastfeeding, I can't gain weight:)I thought the whole thing was a myth but apparently, its working out in my favor. My test this week is to work out 4 days and not count calories. If I lose weight this week, I will continue on that track until I wean my daughter from breastfeeding. The only downside is that I can't really watch my calorie intake because I could lose my milk supply. So this is the way it will have to be until she turns 1 next October.

2 comments:

Mara said...

Keep it up you are well on your way! I tagged you for a meme, stop by my blog at http://24stepstogo.blogspot.com/, for the rules.

Mara
http://24stepstogo.blogspot.com/

Karyn said...

Dee....you absolutely need more calorie intake when you are nursing - more water intake, too. I looked up the water intake for my daughter...you need at least 1 more litre as a nursing mom. (That would be about 4 cups)

I am sure you could look on the internet for a formula to calculate the proper amount of calories for you - as a nursing mom, based on how much weight you want to lose, etc.

On the other hand, eating sensibly and exercising regularly could be all you need to do.